About Our Group
Creating collective Impact in the first 1,000 days for healthy, resilient families on the Lake Traverse Reservation.
Promoting Healthy Families and Children.
As a group, the First 1000 Days Inter-agency Forum strives to achieve the best possible health outcomes throughout life by:
- Coordinating resources to support families in our community
- Facilitating communication about community services and events that benefit the families we serve
- Promoting and supporting collaboration and communication between agencies for the benefit of families
We encourage those programs, organizations, and individuals interested in helping to support our goals to join our group, which meets every month on the third Thursday at 10am unless otherwise announced.
- Participate in a cooperative/collaborative way
- Support the efforts of the group
- Respect client circumstance and confidentiality
- Promote partnerships
- Be trauma-informed
- Understanding “It’s not ‘What’s wrong with you?’, but “What happened to you?’”
- Share program updates and announcements
- Everyone’s voice is important
The First 1,000 Days Interagency Forum meets the third Thursday of each month at 10:00 am unless otherwise agreed upon and announced.
Forum Organization: Leadership of the First 1,000 Days Interagency Forum will be selected January of each year. Members may volunteer or nominate others.
Facilitator – the group facilitator will:
- Prepare meeting agendas
- In charge of communication of meeting dates, times, and details
- Leads the meeting
- Encourage participation from those not currently attending
- Put together meeting packets and provide copies or files for minutes
Co-Facilitator – the Co-Facilitator will:
- Set up meeting room and conference phone
- Lead meeting if facilitator is not present
- Encourage continued participation by those who have been at previous meetings
Recorder – the Recorder will:
- Prepare and make available a sign-in sheet for each meeting
- Record (take notes) of the meeting and transcribe notes into minutes
- Prepare minutes of meetings within two week after meeting date
- Send or route minutes to Facilitator
Time Keeper – the Timekeeper will:
- Follow agenda and recommended time allotments for each agenda item
- Inform presenters and participants of upcoming time limit
- Track whether topic is within time constraints
Team Monitor – the Team Monitor will:
- Enforce ground rules and expectations
- Address participation and group dynamics
Forum Representation: The forum shall be comprised of programs, services, and businesses who share interests in line with the First 1,000 Days Interagency Forum’s Mission and Vision. Forum participant recommendations include but are not limited to the following:
Indian Health Service
Home Visiting Programs
Education Services public and private (PreK- Higher Ed)
State Departments of Health, Social Services, etc.
Preschool and Daycare programs
click here for complete charter